- What is the average service life of EPDM roof cladding?
Provided that the EPDM roof cladding is processed in the right way and a suitable glue or adhesive is used, the service life of the roof cladding is approximately 50 years.
- What is the difference between Bonding Adhesive & Adhesive & Sealant?
Bonding Adhesive is a liquid contact glue that is applied using a glue roller or brush. Adhesive & Sealant is an adhesive based on Hybrid Polymer in a spray tube and is applied using an adhesive gun. Both adhesives are suitable for the overlapped gluing of EPDM foil and for surface bonding onto a flat and dry substrate.
- Can I start gluing straight away once the EPDM is placed onto the roof?
No, give the cladding the time to rest for approximately 1 hour to have the tension cleared. This tension developed when rolling up the material in the factory.
- What do I need to do to prepare the surface the EPDM is glued on?
The surface has to be free from dust, dirt, damp, sharp parts, grease and other materials that may damage the EPDM roof cladding or impede the optimal adhesion of the Pandser EPDM glue.
- What is the best way to measure the quantity of EPDM needed?
You have to measure the flat roof, including the raised edges. Add another 20 cm to this outcome, both for the length and the width. The EPDM membrane will then have the correct size to seal the roof.
- Is it enough to just glue when I have 2 pieces of EPDM with an overlap?
For the final 3-5 cm of the EPDM, use the Pandser Adhesive & Sealant glue kit to make the roof 100% waterproof.
- Can I glue Pandser EPDM onto to roof the whole year around?
We advise you not to glue Pandser EPDM when the outdoor temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius.
- Can I cut the edges of the EPDM to allow for a beautiful finish?
To prevent leakages, it is best not to cut the edges but to fold them. Fold the corners into a cone or glue the corners flat onto the edge of the roof using Pandser EPDM spraybond. Then seal it with Pandser EPDM Adhesive & Sealant glue kit.